GRABILL, IN, June 18, 2015 — WIELAND, a nationally recognized, award winning design and manufacturing firm of healthcare furniture, introduced its new accord™ recliner at NeoCon 2015, earning a coveted Best of NeoCon Gold Award.
WIELAND’s research and design consists of proprietary, patent pending features deemed essential by those directly associated with patient care and recovery. On-site observation and interviews with numerous patients, clinical caregivers, and architects and designers point to improving patient comfort in conjunction with enhanced versatility, operation and durability. To that end, accord offers greater health and safety for nurses and patients alike with:
- • intelliTrac™ intuitively senses to track straight down a corridor or laterally in tight spaces. The focus is shifted from the chair to the patient. Multiple patents pending.
- • safeBrake provides a tightly-engineered stop delivering exceptional stability. Multiple patents pending.
- • smartSteer enables single-handed steering with the pushbar, so busy nurses effortlessly stay on course. Multiple patents pending.
- • controlCove centrally locates multiple functions in one area. Recessed push pedals prevent damage.
- • comfortCore’s molded, multi-height reverse coring provides a dynamic ride, so patients “sit in and not through” the cushion. Patients remain relaxed over longer periods of time.
“It’s no longer enough for healthcare furniture to simply look good and function well,” commented Blair Wieland, vice president of Product Development and lead designer for WIELAND. “Accord was conscientiously designed for patients’ comfort, to protect nurses from the stresses and strains of caregiving and to provide designers with a clean, fresh palette to beautifully frame their distinctive aesthetic.”
More about WIELAND HEALTHCARE
WIELAND Healthcare is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sauder Manufacturing Company (SMC), a multi-million dollar furniture manufacturer based in northwest Ohio, USA. SMC began as a family operation in 1934, producing church pews; but has evolved into one of the world’s leading comprehensive, commercial furniture companies with worldwide service and distribution. More information is available at www.wielandhealthcare.com and www.saudermfg.com.
NeoCon is the largest commercial interiors show in North America, taking place at The Merchandise Mart in Chicago since 1969. NeoCon today remains the premier platform for connecting, learning and doing business in the industry. The three-day event attracts nearly 50,000 design professionals and showcases more than 700 leading companies. With over 1 million square feet of exhibition space, the show launches thousands of new products and covers a spectrum of vertical markets including Workplace, Healthcare, Hospitality, Retail, Education, Public Spaces, and Government. The exhibition is complemented by first-class educational programming featuring over 100 accredited seminars, association forums, special events and keynote presentations that showcase leading industry and business experts.